If you were asked if you wanted to go to heaven, what would your answer be? Very likely your answer would be yes, most everyone wants to go to heaven. But, did you know that Jesus said in John 3:3, “Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” You see friend, God will not receive anyone into heaven until they have first received Jesus Christ as their Saviour. Here are 5 things that you need to know.
- Realize that You are a Sinner. From the fall of Adam and Eve in the garden, all men were plunged into a state of sin. Psalms 52:5, “Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.” Rom 5:12, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” Rom 3:23, Rom 6:23.
- Recognize that You Cannot Save Yourself. Good works and/or a good moral life will not gain anyone entrance into Heaven. Titus 3:5, “Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;” Ephesians 2:8,9, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
- Repent of Your Sins. This means to turn away from your sins and turn to God. II Peter 3:9 says, “…not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” Acts 17:30, “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:”
- Receive Jesus as Your Personal Saviour. If you realize that you are a sinner, and that you cannot save yourself; and you are willing to turn from your sins, then simply ask Jesus to come into your heart and save you. John 1:12, “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” Rom 10:9 & 10, Rom 10:13.
- Remember God’s Love for You. Someone once asked the question, “ how much did Jesus love us”. Another replied, He stretched out his arms and died. Rom 5:8, “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” John 3:16, I John 4:8, Ephesians 2:4. Dear friend, Jesus loves you and would like to save you; but will you put your trust in Him? The greatest day in your life is the day the Lord saves you!
If you have questions about being saved or need to talk to someone, please visit our contact page and send us your name and number. Someone will contact you as soon as possible.